The main goal of tracking a private car is control of vehicle location during parking or car sharing with your family members or friends.
What can do:
- Locate in real-time on the map using mobile app or desktop web application, including street address, driving direction and vehicle speed.See tracks history.
- See tracks history. Car owner can see detailed track on the map including information such as trip length, parking time, fuel consumed, emergency alerts during a trip and other data.
Not all GPS tracking devices are equally good in terms of tracking accuracy. Here some advices and list of tracking features that should be viewed by consumers before purchasing a GPS unit for a car, bike or family van:
- A-GPS and LBS. Despite big progress, sometimes GPS can’t guarantee a reliable operation. Assisted GPS and LBS (Cell ID) navigation may help to improve your GPS unit’s work in the urban area.
- Non-volatile memory is necessary in the area with no GSM coverage. It has to be embedded or needs to install separately with using a SD card. The collected data can be saved and then transmitted when a car enter coverage zone.
- Smart power management. Nobody likes to fumble with batteries. The GPS unit’s power system needs to be simple and clear for amateurs. There is no problem while a car is on a road and a GPS unit is connected to a vehicle. The main challenge is the tracker’s work during parking time. A reliable device should consume a battery rationally and it also can help to delete fake GPS waypoints on a map.
- Supported tracking modes (continuous and interval) is a good feature of a vehicle tracker. It regulate device’s work improving tracking quality and power management. These settings can be adjusted, e.g. tracking by direction change gives smoother tracks that tracking by just time or distance interval.